Computer games in children
“Computer games in the lives of children of senior preschool and younger school age”
1. The differences between computer games from traditional
Modern children, choosing between traditional and computer games, often prefer the latter. In terms of content, the computer games are in many respects similar to traditional, but they also have fundamental differences:
– many computer games are based on the principle of gradual complication of gaming and didactic tasks, like holding the child in the “zone of proximal development”;
– “phasing” in the programme, often allows the child to progress to the next stage without performing the tasks of the previous level. In some games you can use “menu” to arbitrarily choose the level of difficulty of the job. In other games, the program adapts to the child and offers him a new job with the light of his previous answers: more complicated if the jobs are successful, and Vice versa;
– many games unlike traditional, contain elements of randomness. In computer programs, this technique is widely used to make the game of novelty and surprise. As if suddenly may encounter new characters, new situations, unexpectedevents and relationships.
2. Kinds of computer games
2.1. Among the large variety of computer games can be divided into the following types:
– 3D Action;
Let’s look at each type in more detail.
2.2. Adventure (adventure)
Framed as a cartoon, but with interactive properties – the ability to control the course of events. To solve problems you must have intelligence and logical thinking. Involve prolonged work at the computer. This type of games is a powerful irritant, so hyperactive children are not recommended to work with them.
The main goal – the conquest of enemy settlements, the conclusion of the necessary Union of the set of xed points, resource management, forces, energy, etc. Develop perseverance, the ability to plan their actions to train the multivariate thinking. Not suitable for children of preschool and younger school age because of the great length of time.
For these games is typical tiered crushing course of action. The goal (reward) is the right move to the next episode or mission. The system of collection points and bonuses for “special merits” (the speed of passage, defeat a strong enemy, finding secret doors, etc.), training the eye, attention, reaction speed. Not recommended for hyperactive children. Need to control time by adults.
The goal is to find a certain artifact, a person, or spells. The way to achieve the intended purpose is usually beset with enemies, who need to win in battle to deceive or trick. The main principle is the use of right character in the right place at the right time. As arcade games trained eye, attention, reaction speed. Not recommended for hyperactive children. Need to control time by adults.
The goal is to destroy as many opponents. This is purely entertainment type games. These games develop motor functions of the player. But this type of games is considered cruel and it is strictly forbidden to use when working with children.
2.7. Simulators, simulators (cars, aircraft, sports, etc.)
Allow you try your hand in new situations. Trained eye, attention, reaction speed. Not recommended for hyperactive children. Need to control time by adults.
These include puzzles, tasks or the arrangement of figures, drafting drawing, teaching reading, writing, etc., usually broken down into separate tasks, allowing you to regulate the time of operation of the child on the computer. Contribute to the development of thinking, memory, attention.
3. Positive effects of computer games on children
Computer game can have a positive impact on the children of the senior preschool and younger school age:
– Allow to relax . Change of activity is a holiday, so it is only natural that children after intellectual or physical exercise enjoy playing computer games, which can lift your mood, help you relax and rejuvenate. Many of the games are brightly illustrated, interactive, with humor that creates a positive emotional state during the game.
– Help to master the different forms of communication . Children love to play computer games alone or in a small group of peers. In these moments of communication they have revolves around the game’s plot, there is an exchange of emotional States, views on the substantive aspects of the game. Children, discussing what is happening in the game, produce a collective decision about further actions of the player.
– Have a psychotherapeutic effect . Many games allow children to get rid of feelings of inferiority: often what does not work in children in real life, is easily accomplished by the computer. Using a computer, many children begin to sing, draw, and even write poetry. Educational and game programs with friendly characters support kids inspire in them a sense of confidence.
– Allow to simulate various real and perceived life situation . Such experiments allow the child to “play” the many situations that he can later implement in life.
– Help in self-realization . Some kids prefer puzzles and logic games, like other games on reaction time, attract third learning games, fourth love coloring books, etc. Through these games children realize their abilities.
– Give corrective effect when working with children with disabilities . Many children first begin learning with a computer, it is available most of the information that they learn the language, gain knowledge about the world and about yourself. The computer can be effectively used for the correction of speech, vision, work with children with mental retardation.
– Contribute to the acquisition of academic skills. Games can make the transition from mechanical learning to mastering the ability to buy them. During the games the children are attached to research work, they needed to develop successful study skills: receive, analyze, and interpret information, create hypotheses and draw conclusions, to adjust their future actions, etc.
4. Recommendations on the choice of computer games
4.1. For children of preschool and younger school age is best to choose puzzle games and simulation games, as they are usually short and focused on the development of thinking, attention, memory and reaction speed.
The optimal level of difficulty can be determined, observing the reaction of the children in performing in-game actions. If the child is overexcited, it is necessary to reduce the level of difficulty or even change the game to another type. If the child became too impatient – need to increase the level of difficulty.
4.2. By the time the game should not exceed 10-15 min. If the game is designed for more time, it should provide for the entry of interim results, with the possibility of its continuation.
4.3. It is recommended to install the “law of distance” (for consoles at least 2 meters, for personal computers – 30-40 cm), as well as to strictly comply with the “temporary law” is not to play before going to sleep immediately after eating, and, of course, instead of sleeping, walking, performing chores and other important things.
4.4. In the room where your computer is located, there should be plenty of live plants and fresh air.
It is necessary to control content: deleted scenes with violence, cruelty, occult-satanic-themed and other negative moral themes.